With Iron Man officially hitting theaters today, everyone is predicting how much money it will make at the box office. Will it break records or just be a nice hit? I have a different prediction to make. I predict that during the course of Iron Man’s theatrical run, we will see a record in romantic breakups.
Why? Because the main two films being released today are Iron Man…and Made of Honor.
All said, I got 14 predictions right this year. More on that in a future post.
Highlights (In no particular order)
- Jon Stewart (or was it Cate Blanchett?) was once again great as the host. Some Stewart quotes:
- “Too often, the Academy ignores movies…that aren’t good.” (Referring to Norbit)
- “Thank God for teen pregnancy”
- “Tonight, welcome to the make up sex” (About the writer’s strike)
- “Oscar is 80 this year, which makes him automatically the front runner for the Republic nomination”
- Playing Wii Tennis on stage
- The early montages: Binoculars & Periscopes / Waking from a bad dream. Priceless.
- Jonah Hill and Seth Rogan as Halle Berry and Dame Judi Dench
- Once winning best song
- Markéta Irglová being let back on stage after being cut off for her acceptance speech. Good form!
- Marion Cotillard winning best actress award! Not my prediction, but I was SO happy for her. What an amazing performance
- Daniel Plainview kneeling before the Queen after winning the award for best actor. Awesome.
- How can Tom Hanks look old?
- Robert Boyle’s speech
- The Coens on stage.
- Daniel Day-Lewis: “This sprang like a golden sapling out of the mad beautiful head of Paul Thomas Anderson”